RN ***ICU & CVU*** HOSPITAL, VARIOUS LOCATIONS
Position Type: RN
Salary: up to $50 per hour
Location: Various Locations
RNs needed in ICU & CVU in Hospital Environments. MedPlus has SEVERAL HOSPITALS needing nurses with ICU or CVU experience. American Heart Association BLS and ACLS required. ***MedPlus offers these classes to our employees at a very low cost*** RN must have a clear, unrestricted and up to date Kentucky State or Compact State Licensure. Complete your application and a staffing specialist will call you by the next business day! If you have immediate questions, call a staffing specialist at 606-676-0222!
Essential duties and responsibilities include:
- One-year critical care experience in a hospital setting.
- Current RN licensure in good standing, without disciplinary investigation actions.
- Current BLS and ACLS.
- Head to toe assessments-ability to differentiate normal and abnormal labs, assessments, and report to involved members of patients care.
- Critical thinking skills to intervene with appropriate intervention for emergencies and urgent situations requiring immediate care. Care of the acutely and chronically ill patients.
- Knowledge of hemodynamics.
- Skilled in peripheral IV’s, central lines, and arterial lines.
- Phlebotomy skills.
- Identifying and managing life sustaining physiologic functions in unstable patients.
- Basic understanding, setup and maintenance, of cardiac monitoring systems.
- The ability to care for patients on IV drips (ie Nitroglycerine, Dopamine) with cardiac diagnosis including CATH patients, CABG patients and MI patients.
- Care of post cardiac/respiratory arrest.
- Care of the Neurological diagnosed patient.